The Liverpool PlayhouseThe Liverpool Playhouse

Photo: Brian Roberts

Photo: Brian Roberts

The Playhouse opened as the Star Theatre of Varieties in 1866, replacing an earlier venue, the Star Concert Hall. It was converted to a theatre in 1911 with the establishment of the Liverpool Repertory Theatre – one of the UK’s first – and was renamed Liverpool Playhouse in 1916. The Grade II listed building joined forces with the Everyman in 1999, uniting the two theatres in a commitment to brilliant and humane theatre that responds to its time and place.

Artists
Address

The Liverpool Playhouse
Williamson Square
Liverpool
L1 1EL